You will be part of a small team in charge of performing operational tasks linked to the missions of the “Conseil de protection des déposants et des investisseurs (CPDI)”. As a separate body within the CSSF, the CPDI administers the “Fonds de garantie des dépôts Luxembourg (FGDL)” and the “Système d’indemnisation des investisseurs Luxembourg (SIIL)”, which intervene if deposits become unavailable at a Luxembourgish bank or if an investment firm or a bank can no longer meet its obligations with regard to investors’ claims.
Role & responsibilities
- Participate in formulating specifications for an IT application under development, realise tests and liaise with the IT department, within a SCRUM approach
- Implement and follow-up on procedures, regulations and management tools that are necessary for the proper functioning of the FGDL and the SIIL
- Participate in the calculation of the contributions levied by the FGDL on member entities
- Execute stress tests on the FGDL’s arrangements
- Contribute to on-site inspections at member entities of the FGDL or the SIIL in relation to the quality of data that these entities must be able to transmit to the CPDI
- Help preparing the meetings of the CPDI or the FGDL’s management committee, in particular by drafting reports and analyses
- Participate in the management of transactions in the event that the indemnification of depositors or investors becomes necessary
- Four or five-year Master degree in Economics, Finance, Audit or Business Administration and Management (BAC+4/+5)
- At least 3 years professional experience within the financial sector
- Good knowledge of the legal framework for investor protection and the indemnification of deposits, and/or in terms of public markets, will be considered as an advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German or Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Specific interest for IT related questions. An experience within IT projects will be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office, including Excel/VBA
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent writing skills
- Critical and analytical skill, organized, rigour, team spirit
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields