Legal Expert/Economist – AML/CTF expert (m/f)
Investment firms are professionals of the financial sector (PFS) governed by the Law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector, which carry out investment activities or provide investment services (investment advisers, brokers in financial instruments, commission agents, private portfolio managers, professionals acting for their own account, market makers or underwriters of financial instruments). Investment firms may also perform activities of other PFS.
In this position you will contribute to the supervision of investment firms’ measures for the prevention of money laundering and the fight against terrorist financing.
Role & responsibilities
- Assessing the AML/CTF risks of the supervised investment firms and for the investment firm industry as a whole
- Acting as point of contact for investment firms’ AML/CFT specialists
- Participate in the off-site supervision of investment firms, including EU branches of investment firms, contribute to on-site AML/CFT inspections and perform follow-up on inspection reports relating to these missions
- Contribute to AML/CTF methodological aspects (CSSF AML/CTF supervisory approach and international regulatory proposals)
- Participate in AML/CTF colleges of supervisors
- Analyse questions, prepare analyses and opinions on AML/CTF matters of relevance for the investment firm sector
- Participate in relevant thematic studies or sectoral assessments
- Master's degree (Bac +4/Bac +5) in law, economics, finance
- Professional certificate such as CFE or CAMS constitutes an advantage
- Proven professional experience of at least 5 years in an AML/CTF related function in a consulting or audit firm, law firm, compliance/internal audit of credit institutions or investment firms or with a supervisory authority
- Good knowledge of the AML/CFT legal and regulatory framework
- Perfect proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German and Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent writing, analytical and synthesis skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as to work independently
- Good communication and ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Good organizational skills and ready to take initiatives
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields