Legal expert (m/f)
Within a dedicated team, you will be in charge of executing various missions relating to the supervision of issuers of financial instruments. Amongst others you will be in charge of analyzing takeover and market abuse files. Your daily work will constitute intellectual work, including the drafting of varying analytical reports. You will be processing specific files involving interpretation and analysis of legal questions on diversified and often complex issues.
Role & responsibilities
- Analysis and follow-up of takeover files and squeeze-out/sell-out files
- Handling of legal questions concerning matters of market abuse, takeover and squeeze-out/sell-out
- Conducting market abuse investigations and drafting related investigation reports
- Analysis and processing of files in terms of international cooperation and suspicious transaction and order reports
- Contribution to the development of the legal framework in terms of takeover, squeeze-out/sell-out and market abuse
- Follow-up of international groups in matters relating to takeover and market abuse
- Four or five-year Master’s degree in Law, preferably in financial law or business law
- Complementary training certificate in Luxembourg law is an advantage
- Minimum professional experience of 3 years in the financial sector, ideally in the field of securities markets
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, English and German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the financial sector
- Critical thinking as well as excellent drafting, analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong sense of rigour, discretion and organisation
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields