Legal expert (m/f)
Within a highly skilled team of the CSSF’s securities markets department, you will be in charge of executing various missions relating to the supervision of issuers of financial instruments. You will notably be in charge of market abuse and takeover cases. Regarding the former, the team amongst others ensures enforcement of misconduct, as market abuse harms the integrity of financial markets and public confidence. Regarding the latter, the CSSF’s missions notably include the protection of holders of securities, in particular those with minority holdings, once control of their companies has been acquired. Your daily work will constitute intellectual work, including the drafting of varying analytical reports. You will be processing specific files involving interpretation and analysis of legal questions on diversified and often complex issues.
Role & responsibilities
- Conducting market abuse investigations and drafting related investigation reports
- Analysis and follow-up of takeover files and squeeze-out/sell-out files
- Handling of legal questions concerning matters of market abuse, takeover and squeeze-out/sell-out
- Analysis and processing of files in terms of international cooperation and suspicious transaction and order reports
- Contribution to the development of the legal framework in terms of market abuse and takeover, squeeze-out/sell-out
- Four or five-year Master’s degree in Law, preferably in financial law or business law
- Complementary training certificate in Luxembourg law is an advantage
- Minimum professional experience of 8 years in the financial sector, ideally in the field of securities markets
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, English and German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the financial sector
- Critical thinking as well as excellent drafting, analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong sense of rigour, discretion and organisation
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields