Legal Expert within the Legal department « General Affairs » (m/f)
Within a small and highly specialized team, you are entrusted with the solving of various legal issues which are often complex in their nature, acting mainly in support of and in cooperation with legal advisers of other CSSF departments or for the Executive Board directly.
In your daily business you are being asked to solve various legal issues which are submitted to the legal department, through a process of reflection and in writing. Legal issues related to the exercise by the CSSF of its statutory powers form is a significant part of your workload, and include the follow-up of enforcement cases (apart from issues relating to AML/CFT) and the follow-up of cases involving the CSSF as a party before courts.
The position also consists of participating in the development of the legislative framework and of the supervisory tools.
Role & responsibilities
- To deal with legal issues of any nature which are submitted to the Legal Department, taking legal risks into account
- To deal with legal issues in context of enforcement procedures and assist other Departments within the CSSF
- Follow-up of judicial proceedings in which the CSSF is a party
- Master degree in law
- The complementary training certificate in Luxembourgish Law (CCDL) and the final bar exam or a PhD in Law (in a relevant matter) are an advantage
- A first work experience in a prominent law firm or in the legal service of a reputable professional of the financial sector is an advantage
- A good knowledge of the regulatory framework (laws governing the financial sector, European legislative framework, CSSF circulars)
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English. Knowledge of German, Luxembourgish or another language will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to integrate a team
- Critical mind, good capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Very good organisation and follow-up, rigour and ability to work independently, availability
- Very good writing skills
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields