Lawyer – part time (75%) or full time (m/f)
You will be responsible, within a specialised team in charge of enforcement measures under the sectorial laws pertaining to undertakings for collective investment (UCIs/OPCs), for carrying out various and often complex legal investigations and assignments relating to entities falling within the remit of one of the departments of the CSSF’s Métier OPC.
In practice, you will carry out various analyses and investigations in the division’s field of activity. You will work in close collaboration with the other members of the EER team, all other departments of the Métier OPC (as well as the CSSF in general) and various legal departments of the CSSF, in order to carry out analyses and drafting work, in particular in enforcement files (except for files relating to money laundering), complaints and matters that are dealt with before the courts.
Role & responsibilities
- Various analysis and investigation work relating to persons and entities falling within the competence of one of the departments of the Métier OPC
- Drafting of detailed reports, elaboration of actions to be taken following investigations and daily exchanges with persons and entities subject to the supervision of the CSSF
- Handling legal issues of any kind in relation to the activity of the division, in particular legal issues arising in the context of enforcement procedures
- Postgraduate degree in law (Bac +5)
- The “certificat de formation complémentaire en droit luxembourgeois” and the “examen de fin de stage judiciaire” or a doctorate in law is considered an asset
- Experience in the field of investment funds and/or investment fund managers and/or pension funds or experience in a similar position related to the financial sector
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English. Fluency in German, Luxembourgish or another language is considered an asset
- Very good organisation and follow-up, rigour and ability to work independently, availability
- Ability to work within a team
- Very good writing skills
- Critical thinking, good analytical and summarising skills
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields