Junior Inspector – Banking Risks – On-site Inspection (m/f)
The Banking Risks division within the On-site Inspection department is in charge of realizing inspections on the following banking risks topics: credit risk, operational risk, ICAAP, Pillar 1, interest rate risk in the banking book.
In this position you will take part in these inspections for credit institutions located in Luxembourg and abroad.
Role & responsibilities
- Participation in inspections for significant institutions and less significant institutions in Luxembourg and abroad.
- Involvement in the full process of inspections:
- Pre-inspection phase (preparation, inspection plan definition, communication with the institution);
- Investigation phase (kick-off meeting, interviews, process analysis, sample and case-by-case analysis);
- Reporting phase (writing of report and observations' letter, presentation of the inspection results to the institution).
- Cooperation with specialists of the supervised credit institutions, with the ECB central on-site supervision team and with off-site supervisors.
Please note that this position will require frequent business trips.
- Master’s degree with a major in Mathematics or Mathematical Financial Risk.
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in one or several of these fields (for example, through an experience either in a department in charge of mathematical financial risks/asset valuation in an audit firm or in a credit institution, or as on-site inspector):
- Credit risk (especially IFRS 9 [ECL and staging], asset valuation, impairment process and complex loan structuration);
- ICAAP (quantification of the economic perspective);
- Pillar 1 (especially advanced methods in credit, market or operational risks).
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg (Laws, regulations, circulars) and international regulatory banking framework (CRR, IFRS 9, technical guidelines [EBA, BCBS, etc.]).
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. German and/or Luxemburgish will be considered as an asset.
- Writing, analytical, synthesis and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of an international team.
- Willingness and availability to work abroad for long periods of time (2 to 4 consecutive months).
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields