Investment fund Risk Manager (m/f)
The Risk Micro division within the UCI Prudential Supervision and Risk Management Department is in charge of the assessment of the adequacy of the risk management systems implemented by investment fund managers and pension funds by means of the review of the risk management procedures / actuarial reports transmitted to the CSSF and of the performance of on-site inspections.
In this context, you will mainly be in charge of assessing that the risk management systems implemented by investment fund managers comply with the applicable regulatory requirements.
Role & responsibilities
- Perform off-site reviews of the risk management systems of UCITS management companies/AIFMs
- Prepare and perform on-site inspections of UCITS management companies/AIFMs and self-managed investment funds covering the risk management system installed and employed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provide advice and support in the UCITS and alternative investment funds authorization process, notably for funds having more complex investment strategies or specific risks
- Interact directly with responsible personnel/specialists of the supervised entities
- Participate in the development of existing supervisory approaches/methodologies
- Master’s degree/PhD in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Business Administration and Management, with high mathematical content
- A solid understanding of financial instruments, quantitative finance, risk management methods ( e.g. Value-at-Risk), as well as risks linked to complex financial products
- Professional experience, ideally a minimum of 5 years in a front office or quantitative risk position of a financial institution preferably a fund management company
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework (UCITS, AIFMD, CESR/ESMA guidelines)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as French and/or German. Luxemburgish will be considered as an advantage
- Good analytical, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields