The Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) is a financial supervisory system which is composed of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the participating national competent authorities of the European Union (the CSSF for Luxembourg). Its main objectives are to ensure the safety and soundness of the European banking system and to increase the financial integration and stability in Europe, and to ensure the efficiency and coherence of the prudential supervision of credit institutions.
You will join a team mainly in charge of performing IT on-site inspections of credit institutions in Luxembourg or abroad in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism or at the initiative of the CSSF, or of other entities supervised by the CSSF.
Role & responsibilities
- Performing on-site inspections (OSI) in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) of credit institutions established in Luxembourg and in Europe: as a team member, representing the CSSF, in an international audit team under the direction of the European Central Bank (ECB) or a national competent authority participating to the OSI (including potentially the CSSF)
- Performing on-site inspections initiated by the CSSF at supervised entities in Luxembourg: assuming responsibility for developing and executing IT audit work programs
- Drafting of IT audit reports
- Participating and engaging in the development of new or enhancement of existing audit approaches and methodologie
- Assisting the “off-site” team of the division “Surveillance des Systèmes d’Informations”:
- Contributing to the analysis of applications for authorization of future professionals of the financial sector concerning information technology;
- Assisting other departments of the CSSF regarding IT-related topics (opinions, outsourcing authorizations, points raised by internal or external audit, etc.)
Please note that this position will require frequent business trips.