Experienced investment fund specialist (UCITS, UCI, SIF, SICAR) (m/f)
The SPII Prudential Supervision division within the UCI Prudential Supervision and Risk Management department is notably in charge of (i) the review of the closing documents (e.g. annual reports, management letters, self-assessment questionnaires and separate reports as set out notably in the circular CSSF 21/790) of investment funds (UCITS, UCI, SIF, SICAR), including the irregularities raised by the external auditors in these documents and the regular analyses of more complex files identified based on a risk-based approach as well as (ii) the thematic reviews on key topics in the investment funds area.
In this context, you will mainly be in charge of analyzing the irregularities identified at the level of the funds and/or their investment fund managers/service providers based on the closing documents of the funds with regard notably to the applicable regulatory requirements.
Role & responsibilities
- Perform the prudential supervision of investment funds for a diversified portfolio of funds (UCITS, UCI, SIF, SICAR) according to a risk-based approach:
- Based on the annual closing documents of the funds (e.g., annual reports, management letters, self-assessment questionnaires and separate reports) and other relevant information available to the CSSF (e.g., notifications 02/77), perform analyses on the risks / issues identified which may relate to themes such as valuation, NAV determination, accounting, investment compliance, expenses and income, disclosures, etc.
- Prepare analytical reports on the key findings and results of the analysis, including both technical and legal aspects, as well as the related supervisory measures (e.g., requests for information, observation letters)
- Conduct ad hoc and thematic analyses in the area of investment funds in relation to the subjects covered by the division and/or the department
- Interact directly with the responsible personnel of the supervised investment funds, their investment fund managers and/or any other stakeholders
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the prudential supervision approach as well as related analytical tools
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and Management, Finance and/or Law
- Additional qualifications, such as certifications in valuation, CFA, CAIA, will be considered as an advantage
- Professional experience of more than 10 years in the field of investment funds (e.g., external audit/réviseur d’entreprises, valuation advisor/expert, financial analyst/advisor, risk management, compliance, legal analyst)
- Solid knowledge of the regulatory framework (e.g., UCITS, AIFMD, CESR/ESMA)
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Luxemburgish and/or German will be considered as an advantage
- Strong writing, analytical and synthesis skills, including the capacity to understand and summarize more complex subjects/issues
- Proactive, rigorous, organized, communication skills and sense of discretion
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields