Economist/Legal expert – Supervision of investment firms (m/f)
Investment firms are professionals of the financial sector (PFS) governed by the Law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector, which carry out, among others, activities as investment advisers, brokers in financial instruments, commission agents or private portfolio managers. They may also act as professionals acting for their own account, market makers, underwriters of financial instruments or distributors of units/shares in UCIs, and perform activities of other PFS.
In this position you will be in charge of the prudential supervision of a portfolio of investment firms.
Role & responsibilities
- Processing requests of investment firms, including the assessment of application files, requests for authorisation as an Invesment Firm and questions regarding the applicable regulatory framework
- Assessment of business models and risks of investment firms, reports of the internal control functions, ICAAP/ILAAP reports and other documents of investment firms, as well as reports of réviseurs d’entreprises agréés (approved statutory auditors)
- Analysing and monitoring the prudential reporting
- Contributing to the supervision with respect to money-laundering prevention and combat of terrorist financing
- Participating in on-site inspections and drafting inspection reports
- Drafting opinions, analytical or observation notes, reports and letters
- Master's degree (Bac +4/Bac +5) in economics, finance, management or law (preferably in financial law)
- An initial professional experience in the field of audit, compliance of credit institutions or other professionals of the financial sector or with a supervisory authority is seen as an advantage
- Interest in performing financial analysis or data retrieval
- Perfect proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German and Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Analytical skills and ability to understand and summarise complex problems
- Ability to work as part of a team and to interact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Very good organisational and monitoring skills, rigour in work and ability to work independently
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields