Economist / Legal Expert in investment funds (m/f)
Within a specialized team, you are in charge of varied and often complex tasks relating to the analysis of aspects concerning the regulatory framework of undertakings for collective investment. You will work on requests sent to the CSSF by specialized intermediaries of the financial sector or by other national competent authorities, on files in collaboration with other departments of the Métier OPC or on specific topics in collaboration with other departments of the CSSF.
On a daily basis, and through reflective and drafting work, you ensure in-depth and diversified analyses in relation to investment funds. Your mission will be the interpretation and coordination of regulatory aspects as well as contributing to the respect of the regulatory framework on a large variety of topics.
Role & responsibilities
- Analyses of questions relating to the eligibility of investment policies or specific assets
- Assessment of files relating to the delegation of administrative and depositary functions and tasks to external service providers
- Handling of requests originating from national competent authorities
- Assessment of the administration activity of UCIs
- Participate in the drafting of CSSF circulars
- Assessment of the depositary activity in the context of administrative authorization files
- Interpretation of legal and regulatory aspects
- Assessment of UCI aspects in the context of authorization files of other professionals of the financial sector
- Collaboration with other departments of the Métier OPC and other departments of the CSSF on relevant current topics concerning undertakings for collective investment
- Four or five-year Master degree in Economics, Finance, Law or Business Administration and Management
- Minimum professional experience of 5 years in the financial sector and particularly with UCIs
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German or Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent writing skills
- Critical and analytical skill, sense of initiative / keen to take initiatives, team spirit
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields