Economist / Legal Expert (m/f)
In the context of its mission of public interest to ensure the safety and soundness of the financial sector, the CSSF’s securities markets department performs supervisory activities related to capital markets.
These activities include, among others, the supervision of disclosure requirements applicable to listed companies under the Transparency Directive and the Market Abuse Regulation.
Within the team in question, you will be responsible for a portfolio of supervised entities. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in regulatory projects and to contribute to the implementation of IT tools in the context of the supervision of the entities in question.
Role & responsibilities
- Follow-up and monitoring of issuers of securities (i.e. review of financial reports, notifications of major shareholdings, press releases and information published by supervised entities)
- Analysis of queries and drafting of opinions
- Contributing to the development of the regulatory framework and IT tools for supervision
- Four or five-year Master’s degree in economics or finance, business administration and management or law
- Experience with new information technologies is an advantage
- Knowledge of company law or of the regulatory framework of the financial sector is an advantage
- Interest in an evolving regulatory framework and in developments in information technologies
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German and Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent drafting, analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong sense of rigour, discretion and organisation
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields