Economist / Legal Counsel (m/f)
You join the team in charge of carrying out legal analyses and participating at national and international level in the development of regulations in the field of investments funds, investment fund managers and /or pension funds.
On a day-to-day basis, you perform legal analyses and prepare opinions on working documents from national and international bodies in the area of the activities of the division. You reply to general and specific legal requests received from intermediaries, from other departments of the UCI Service and from the Management related to regulations applicable to funds and their investment fund manager.
Role & responsibilities
- Drafting of legal opinions on the regulations applicable to UCIs, investment fund managers and / or pension funds
- Analysis and contribution to the development of draft regulatory texts relating to UCIs, investment fund managers and / or pension funds
- Analysis and monitoring of national and international regulatory matters in the aforementioned areas
- Four or five-year Master degree in Law, Economics, Finance or Business Administration and Management
- Complementary training certificate in Luxembourg law is a plus
- Minimum professional experience of 3 years in the field of investment funds and / or investment fund managers and /or pension funds or similar experience in the financial sector
- Professional experience in legal work related to UCIS is an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German or Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent writing, analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, organisation and discretion
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. Interest and willingness to exchange and share knowledge
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields