Economist/Legal – AML/CFT expert (m/f)
Investment firms are professionals of the financial sector (PFS) governed by the Law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector, which carry out, among others, activities as investment advisers, brokers in financial instruments, commission agents or private portfolio managers. They may also act as professionals acting for their own account, market makers, underwriters of financial instruments or distributors of units/shares in UCIs, and perform activities of other PFS
In this position you will contribute to the supervision of the prevention of money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism of investment firms.
Role & responsibilities
- Assess the anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) risks for the investment firm sector and for supervised investment firms
- Assess the AML/CFT control environment for investment firms
- Direct contact with AML/CFT specialists of supervised entities
- Participate in the off-site supervision of investment firms, on-site AML/CFT controls and follow up on the supervision reports related to these missions
- Contribution to methodological work (CSSF AML/CFT supervisory approach and international regulatory proposals)
- Participate in AML/CFT colleges of supervisors
- Analysis of issues and preparation of opinions on AML/CFT issues relevant to the investment firm sector
- University degree in law, economics, finance or business administration and management (Bac+ 4 / Bac+5)
- A professional certification such as CFE or CAMS constitutes an advantage
- Proven professional experience of at least 5 years in an audit firm, a law firm, in the field of audit/compliance of credit institutions or investment firms, in financial audit or in a supervisory authority
- Good knowledge of the national AML/CFT legal framework
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French. Knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered to be an advantage
- Excellent writing, analysis and synthesis skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to interact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Very good organisational and monitoring skills, rigour in work and ability to work independently
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields