Auditor / Compliance Officer – AML/CTF for VASP (m/f)
The Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) is a Luxembourg public institution and the financial supervisory authority in charge of the supervision of the Luxembourg financial sector.
In accordance with articles 2-1 and 7-1 of the law of 12 November 2004 on the fight against money laundering and terrorism financing as amended, virtual asset service providers (VASP) established or active in Luxembourg are subject to the CSSF’s anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CTF) registration and supervision.
In the framework of carrying out these supervisory duties, the « Innovation, Payments, Market Infrastructures and Governance » department is recruiting.
Role & responsibilities
- Processing of requests from VASP, including the assessment and analysis of VASP registration files and AML/CTF risk analyses
- AML/CTF supervision with respect to registered VASP and evaluation of the AML/CTF preventive measures of VASP as well as of payment and electronic money institutions (PI/EMI).
- Participation in the identification, assessment and understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks of VASP in Luxembourg
- Contribution to the determination and the implementation of a supervision and evaluation methodology for ML/TF risks for VASP
- Determination of the risk profile of VASP
- Participation in both on-site and off-site AML/CTF supervisory missions at VASP as well as at PI/EMI including follow-up of controls reports related to these missions
- Participation in internal AML/CTF working groups and, where relevant, in national and international meetings
- Analysis of questions and drafting of opinions concerning AML/CTF issues relevant for the VASP as well as the PI / EMI sector
- Drafting analytical or observation notes on AML/CTF matters
- Master’s degree (Bac +4/Bac +5) in law, economics, finance or management
- Proven professional experience of at least 3 years in the field of AML/CTF (audit or consultancy firm experience, Compliance function, or similar …)
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework and Luxembourg AML/CTF regulation
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of Luxembourgish and/or German would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and summarise complex problems
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Good organizational skills and rigour in work
- Ability to work in a team as well as to work independently and to interact and share knowledge with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and ready to take initiatives
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields