Analyst for the prudential supervision of investment fund managers (m/f)
Your main responsibility is the prudential supervision of a portfolio of investment fund managers subject to the provisions of the Law of 17 December 2010 relating to undertakings for collective investment and / or of the Law of 12 July 2013 on alternative investment fund managers (collectively “IFMs”).
Additionally, you will be required, from time to time, to participate in cross-functional working groups set up within the UCI business line and in which the topics addressed are related to legal and regulatory changes impacting the IFMs.
Role & responsibilities
- Processing authorisation requests (initial requests or subsequent modifications) of IFMs
- Performing the prudential supervision of a portfolio of IFMs (analysis of various financial reporting, annual reports and management letters, as well as issuing documents and control reports; review of regulatory compliance and evaluation of risks inherent to the organisation and activities of IFMs)
- Being a designated contact for all queries on IFMs
- Participation in the preparation of meetings with representatives of the IFMs and, where applicable, drafting the minutes of such meetings
- Preparation and, where applicable, participation in on-site inspections of IFMs
- Analysis of questions relative to the legal framework of IFMs
- Drafting of analytical memos for the attention of management for decision making purposes
- Cooperating with other CSSF departments on transversal files / subjects
- Participation in cross-functional working groups set up within the OPC business line and follow-up of development projects
- Contributing to the development of the legal framework and supervisory tools of the CSSF
- Four- or five-year university degree (Master level) in economics, finance, management or law
- Minimum professional experience of 3 years within the field of UCIs and/or IFMs
- Good knowledge of regulatory and legal obligations that IFMs must adhere to
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German or Luxembourgish will be considered as an asset
- Ability to work autonomously, ability to work in a team, analytical skill, communication skill, excellent writing skills, synthesis skill
- Proactive, rigour, sense of initiative / keen to take initiatives
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).
Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
* Required fields